Starting with the Ribble Link, leaving the Leeds & Liverpool Canal at Tarleton Lock, we cross the exciting tidal stretches of the River Douglas and the River Ribble before climbing the locks of the Ribble Link to reach the lock free Lancaster Canal main line.
Gentle cruising covers the navigable length of the main line of the Lancaster Canal to Preston and Tewitfield, plus the locks of the Glasson Branch descending to reach Glasson Basin.
Covering the Northern Reaches on foot, we see progress with the restoration work on our journey to Kendal, with glorious scenery along the way.
I also produce maps of the Lancaster Canal in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Lancaster Canal Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Lancaster Canal Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.