Starting at Weybridge and the junction with the River Thames we’ll cruise along the River Wey, past Woodham Junction and through lovely open countryside to reach Dapdune Wharf in Guildford and the limit of navigation at Godalming.
From Woodham Junction, we’ll work the locks on the Basingstoke Canal and pass the visitor centre at Mytchett. We’ll operate the swing and lift bridges on our way to the limit of navigation at Greywell Tunnel.
Continuing on foot, we’ll follow the route of the abandoned canal into Basingstoke.
I also produce maps of the River Wey and Basingstoke Canal in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my River Wey and Basingstoke Canal Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a River Wey and Basingstoke Canal Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.