Starting at West Stockwith and the junction with the River Trent we’ll cruise along the open section through Retford and Worksop to Kiveton Park and the mouth of Norwood Tunnel. See the open countryside and the attractive settings for the staircase locks.
Continuing on foot, we’ll follow the route of the proposed restoration over Norwood Tunnel and through Killamarsh and Renishaw to reach Staveley.
Cruising again, we’ll see the restored section from Staveley, passing the Hollingwood Hub and Tapton Lock on our way into Chesterfield.
I also produce maps of the Chesterfield Canal in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Chesterfield Canal Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Chesterfield Canal Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.