Starting at Norton Junction we climb to the summit level of the Grand Union Canal’s Leicester Section before descending through Leicester and Loughborough to reach Trent Junction. Climbing through the locks of the Erewash Canal we complete our journey at Langley Mill.
We’ll see the staircase locks at Watford and the impressive staircase locks at Foxton before working the two swing bridges.
We’ll see three tunnels, and visit the arms at Welford, Market Harborough and Loughborough as we cruise past the wonderful scenery, and interesting sights along the way.
I also produce maps of the Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section) in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section) Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Grand Union Canal (Leicester Section) Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.