Starting on the tidal River Thames at Brentford we follow the main line of the Grand Union Canal to Leighton Buzzard as it climbs to cross the Chilterns, and starts its descent.
Along the way we’ll cross London with the Paddington Arm and the Regent’s and Hertford Union Canals. We’ll take in the Slough, Wendover and Aylesbury Arms, including the restoration work along the Wendover Arm. We include the River Chess too.
We see London from the canal then gradually move into open countryside as we work the locks and the opening bridges.
I also produce maps of the Grand Union Canal (South) in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Grand Union Canal (South) Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Grand Union Canal (South) Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.