We cruise cruise around the South Pennine Ring.
Including the whole of the Rochdale Canal we start at Castlefield Junction and climb the Rochdale Nine Locks to reach Ducie Street Junction.
Continuing our climb we reach the glorious scenery of the Rochdale Canal summit pound before descending to Sowerby Bridge where we pass through Tuel Lane Lock, the deepest in Britain.
Our return journey starts with the Huddersfield Broad Canal to Huddersfield, then the Huddersfield Narrow Canal to reach the summit pound at Marsden. Standedge Tunnel, the longest, highest and deepest canal tunnel in Britain, will take us back through the Pennines and we descend to reach Dukinfield Junction.
Our journey is completed along the Ashton Canal which returns us to Ducie Street Junction.
See the hard work of 114 broad locks and 92 narrow locks, plus 6 opening bridges, from the comfort of your armchair and enjoy the wonderful Pennine scenery in the bright summer sunshine.
I also produce maps of the South Pennine Ring in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my South Pennine Ring Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a South Pennine Ring Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy these lovely canals from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.