We cruise cruise around the East Midlands (Leicester) Ring clockwise from Norton Junction.
First the tunnel and broad locks at Braunston, then onto the narrow Oxford Canal to Hawkesbury Junction. The Coventry Canal will take us to Fazeley Junction and, with a little help from the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal, on to Fradley Junction. The Trent & Mersey Canal lowers us to Trent Junction.
The River Soar and the Leicester Section of the Grand Union Canal raise us past Loughborough and Leicester to reach Market Harborough.
The fantastic staircase locks at Foxton and Watford return us to Norton Junction.
I also produce maps of the East Midlands (Leicester) Ring in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my East Midlands (Leicester) Ring Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a East Midlands (Leicester) Ring Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy these lovely canals from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.