All the Waterway Routes Cruising Maps are available in Acrobat (pdf) format, as well as in Memory-Map (qct) format. The Acrobat (pdf) maps are split into pages, with overlaps between each page.
Advantages of the Acrobat (pdf) Format
- The format is well known and supported
- The software and apps are free and often installed already
- The maps are split into A4 pages
- The maps are easy to print A4 or A5
- The maps are easy to view on screen (a page at a time)
Disadvantages of Acrobat (pdf) Format
- There is no GPS tracking on smartphones
- Requires lots of scrolling on small screens (like phones)
- There are lots of pages to search and turn through (more than 900 for England & Wales Maps)
Which devices will the maps work on?
The maps work on almost any computer, phone or tablet which will open Acrobat (pdf) files, including:
- Android phones and tablets
- iPhones and iPads
- Windows computers and laptops
- Apple computers and laptops
How can I check if the maps work on my device?
Download one of the free maps from my website and try that. If the free map works then the paid for ones will work the same way. You can try these free maps:
I produce the maps. I don’t produce the software or apps to use them, but I explain where to get those from.