We start from Gas Street Basin and Worcester Bar in the centre of Birmingham and pass Old Turn Junction to see the loops of Brindley’s Old Main Line and the more direct route of Telford’s New Main Line. We progress along the New Main Line to Wolverhampton and the 21 locks which lower us to the summit pound of the Staffs & Worcester Canal at Autherley Junction.
We cover the twists and turns of the Old Main Line from Smethwick Junction including the branches – the Engine Arm, Spon Lane Locks, the Titford Canal, the Causeway Green Branch, the Gower Branch, and the northern portal of Dudley Tunnel. We head south to Delph locks through Netherton Tunnel and reach Hawne Basin – and we head north including the Ridgeacre Branch, the Walsall Canal, the Wyrley and Essington Canal to Anglesey Basin, the Rushall Canal and the Tame Valley Canal.
We visit both routes to reach Aston Junction – via the Garrison Locks of the Grand Union Canal and the Digbeth Branches, and via the Aston locks of the Birmingham & Fazeley Canal. Return to Gas Street is via the Farmers Bridge Locks.
I also produce maps of the Birmingham Canal Navigations (BCN) in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Birmingham Canal Navigations (BCN) Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Birmingham Canal Navigations (BCN) Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (1 hour) £12.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (1 hour) £7.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x 1 hour) £19.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.