First we climb through the staircase locks at Etruria, then continue climbing the individual locks to the summit pound from Stockton Brook. We’ll see the motorised Ivy House lift bridge and the two manually operated lift bridges. We’ll follow the summit pound to Hazlehurst Junction where we’ll continue to the end of the Leek Branch.
From Hazlehurst Junction we’ll descend from the summit pound, joining the River Churnet for a short distance to reach Froghall Tunnel with its exceptionally low profile and we’ll try to fit through. Watch to see if we do fit, or if we have to complete our journey on foot. We’ll see the locks and basin at Froghall on the short length of restored Uttoxeter Canal.
I also produce maps of the Caldon Canal in a choice of formats:-
- Acrobat (pdf) Format for printing or viewing on screen a page at a time
- Memory-Map (qct) Format with all the pages joined into one scrollable and zoomable map with GPS tracking too.
Read more about my Caldon Canal Maps.
Save 10% on both when you buy a Caldon Canal Map and DVD together. Automatically deducted at checkout.
Enjoy this lovely canal from the comfort of your own armchair in a choice of formats:-
- Popular DVD (½ hour) £9.95 – Like a television programme showing the highlights of the canal.
- Bowcam DVD (½ hour) £5.95 – A forward facing camera, speeded up for a little fun, showing the whole cruise.
- Combined DVDs (2 x ½ hour) £14.90 – Both Popular and Bowcam in one box for the best of both worlds, saving money and postage
With more than 50 DVDs in my full range there’s likely to be something to interest you. They make great gifts too.